In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (MILITARY) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelors degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and ability to plan, direct, and administer force support programs for wing military personnel and associate units.
2. Knowledge of the basic concepts, principles, and theories of military human resources management and the ability to adapt these to meet mission requirements of the state.
3. Ability to adapt basic concepts, principles, and theories of military human resources management to meet mission requirements of the state.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD, AND MUST BE A CURRENT OFFICER IN THE U.S. MILITARY FORCES.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT)(can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)