The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as an Aviation Resource Management Specialist, managing all operations resource and aviation management activities by using the Aviation Resource Management System (ARMS) for all flying personnel in the squadron. The incumbent of this position will:
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of Operations Data Management to ensure aviation resource management complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Establish operating procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of all aviation management data.
- Collect and evaluate management data pertaining to ARMS operations, including policy, work operations and progress, identifying actual or potential problem areas and/or trends.
- Extract, collate, compute and summarize statistical aircrew training and operations resource management data in various formats for briefings, meetings and panels.
- Provide staff advisory guidance and technical assistance directly to commanders and management officials on information contained within the ARMS.
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal Service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of this position. Experience which provides a thorough knowledge of operations flight management and aircraft operations field involving applying analytical and evaluative skills of aviation resources, aircrew and flight training records associated with he mission of a flying squadron. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): (1) Knowledge of Aviation Resource Management Policy and Procedures (2) Ability to operate Aviation Resources Management System (ARMS) and system interfaces and troubleshoot/resolve system technical problems (3) Skill and ability to prepare projects/reports and deliver briefings (4) Knowledge of aircraft types and aircrew composition (5) Knowledge of personnel management policies, practices and procedures
Substitution of Education for Experience: Masters Degree or equivalent graduate degree or two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D., in a relevant field of study from an accredited college or university. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) necessary to perform the duties of the position. If you are qualifying based on education, a copy of your college transcripts is required.
Combining Experience and Education: Equivalent combinations or successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the experience requirements. For more information on combining experience and education please refer to website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Policy/ApplicationOFStds-05.ASP.
NOTE: Foreign education must be evaluated by an approved organization. The council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) may be of some help in providing information on these organizations. Visit: Council For Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/ ***Also, include an English translation of the foreign transcript***
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require: (1) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTAs).