The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Receives and reviews all work request (oral and written) for validity, accuracy, and feasibility.
- Ensures proper coordination with outside organizations such as safety, fire, security, communications, occupational health, and environmental.
- Serves as the focal point for automated work control programs.
- Demonstrates expertise of various computer programs and automated system utilized by CE relating to on-base activities.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility by establishing work orders and job orders under the correct organizational funding codes.
- Establishes and operates the customer service center.
- In conjuction with Facility Manager, coordinates and directs periodic inspection of Real Property and Real Property Installed Equipment (RPIE).
- Establishes and operates the Civil engineering Command Control Center during normal, contingency, and emergency operations.
- Establishes and maintains facility folders to include records of all significant maintenance and impoverishment that have been capitalized.
- Coordinates training/work schedules for contractors, state and Federal employees, and Traditional guard personnel with the Logistics Management Specialist or the unit Training Manager in order to maximize training opportunities.
- May be required to assign, direct and review work of subordinates.
- Initiates, monitors, and administers contracts, within delegated authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience or training sufficient to demonstrates their ability to reason in quantitative terms; understand terminology and data pertaining to the repair, operations and processes characteristic of the production activity, and be able to express themselves orally and in writing sufficient to carry out the duties of this position.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 24 months specialized experience preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge understanding and use of terminology, data, and standards relating to validating, planning, estimating, scheduling, and expediting work and how to relate them properly to new projects.
- Knowledge of supply and logistic functions such as material and equipment ordering procedures and forms and the proper use of CE resources for each requirement.
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external organizations and businesses in support of production control and logistic activities in CE to ensure proper supply handling, scheduling and the expediting of the work.
- Knowledge of CE automated systems. Must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of how the various automated material acquisition systems interface and what effect they have on material acquisition.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must posses or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Production Controller (Construction) position, the selectee must be assigned to 165th Civil Engineer Squadron in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted in AFSC:3E6X1, 3E6X0. Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).