Minimum Requirements: Experience or training which demonstrates your knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles; knowledge of troubleshooting procedures used to isolate malfunctions in aircraft pneudraulic systems; and ability to use technical manuals, equipment specifications, and test calibration procedures in performing the work.
Specialized Experience: Must have 18 months experience or training which provided a knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles. Experience in fabricating fuel, oil and vacuum hose lines. Experience in servicing, maintaining, disassembling assembling, repairing and testing hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Experience in diagnosing malfunctions and overhauling pneudraulic accessories by disassembling, cleaning part and examining parts. Experience in diagnosing trouble and determining remedies. Experience in repairing, rebuilding and overhauling major systems of ground equipment and pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Experience in mechanicl repairs using hand tools and test equipment. Experience that demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications and publications.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume.
1. Knowledge of aircraft structure and the relationship of aircraft pneudraulic systems to the structure and other aircraft systems and ability to operate and test panels and ground power equipment.
2. Knowledge of aircraft pneudraulic systems and pneudraulic equipment used in maintaining and checking aircraft pneudraulic equipment.
3. Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic principles, the physical laws governing the behavior of fluids (liquids and gasses).
4. Knowledge of and skill in repair, and rebuilding of ground equipment pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
5. Knowledge of troubleshooting procedures designed to isolate malfunctions in aircraft pneudraulic systems.
6. Skill to use common hand tools and test equipment.
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Air National Guard (NCANG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E7 / MSgt and below) position in the NCANG is mandatory. (AFSC: 2A674)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a secret security clearance as required by the position.
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.