ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Alabama Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD POSITIONS:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status/M-day personnel in the Alabama Air National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Air National Guard.
1. Performs the full range of WG-3705-10 duties and responsibilities. Possesses the knowledge and skills found at the journey level as well as those required for planning, accomplishing, and maintaining a functional shop maintenance program. For small one to two positioned level shops; this may include many programs to be accustomed to for example but not limited to: TMDE, PCAMS, Equipment Custodian, Supplies Manager, Hazardous Waste Monitor, Hazardous Communication Monitor, Spill Prevention Monitor, FOD Monitor, Radiation Monitor, Technical Order Monitor, Precious Metals Monitor, and Training Monitor.
2. Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the incumbent and lower graded mechanic(s). Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished. Estimates manpower, equipment and material requirements. Devises and maintains all program plans and records, is skilled in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques, and is able to determine maintenance/repair procedures needed without benefit of technical supervisory guidance. Plans, organizes and directs shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision. Determines approaches, methods and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
3. If required (based on new Aircraft Gen 4 & 5 Aircraft), must be able to draw, design, test, write/re-write and perform new inspections in order to prepare AF form 22, AF Form 107s, and AFTO form 242s for submittal.
4. May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position descriptions changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc. Implements safety regulatory requirements. Supervisor must ensure that other workers in the shop wear the appropriate Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow pertinent safety precautions. Must enforce all obtaining rules and regulations accompanying the Air National Guard and attached agencies.
5. May serve as an Augmented Quality Assurance team member and preform personnel evaluations on other NDI technicians.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the specialized experience listed below; Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to set up and operate test equipment, se test apparatus to apply tests to material or products, record readings, observe and record established reactions, and classify according to defined categories.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience or training in using ultrasonic and/or eddy current inspection techniques to observe, measure, and detect discontinuities and flaws. Experience classifying test results, identifying material deficiencies and recommending courses of action for items of equipment. Experience recommending engine components to be inspected and forwarding results to the appropriate authority. Experience performing scheduled inspections of testing equipment ensuring compliance with established technical regulations and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
In addition to the knowledge and skills found at the journeyman level, the ability to plan and accomplish a functional shop maintenance program is essential. Requires skill in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques and has the ability to correctly analyze findings given the equipment and Technical orders at hand. Technician may be required to pass higher level education for follow-on training for new processes or inspection techniques. Technicians are required to perform annual task evaluations on each inspection duty in order to maintain certification.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT CONSIDERED FOR WAGE GRADE POSITIONS.
COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: All applications will be considered regardless of AFSC. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to and qualify in a compatible military position. The selected individual may be required to attend formal technical school training in a military status.
Compatible Military Assignment: AFSC: 2A7X2 Applicants do not have to possess this AFSC to be certified as qualified.
MILITARY GRADE: Only applicants within the military grade listed below will be considered. **Please include your military grade on your resume.
Maximum Military Rank/Grade: MSgt Individuals exceeding the maximum military grade are required to submit a letter along with resume agreeing to a military demotion if selected. This statement of understanding is required for basic qualification.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.