In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving detailed knowledge of organizations and their functions in logistical support (i.e., supply, maintenance, quality assurance, facilities). Experience integrating actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to meet program goals. Experience interpreting and applying regulations, laws or practices. Experience planning and organizing work assignments.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and ability to integrate logistics planning techniques in functional areas of supply, maintenance, transportation, contracting, and operations.
2. Knowledge of the LOGMOD-B system and assist with all training on the IDS system at the wing level. Utilizes analytical and statistical methods and procedures including electronic data processing, Air Force operations and organization, and fiscal management techniques; involved in formulation of policies, procedures, and programs; facilities; personnel management; security, medical, administrative, comptroller, and legal activities.
3. Knowledge of the Joint Chief of Staff (JCS) operational planning process. Ability to develop, write, instruct, and evaluate training process.
4. Ability to analyze diverse data and formulate into coherent practical operations.
5. Knowledge of computer operations, software operations, and systems management.
6. Knowledge of Air Force and DOD structure (USAF, ANG, AFRES, USN, USMC, and USA) which affect the use of program and related support resources (people, money or equipment) in relation to the logistics plans process. This knowledge critically impacts base logistics planning and wing readiness.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)