In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of IT network systems design principles, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, testing, installing, operating, managing, and maintaining network services that support functional requirements.
2. Knowledge of the organizations network architecture, topology, and protocols sufficient to plan, design, develop, and integrate network systems and security plans and procedures consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures.
3. Knowledge of methods, techniques, and processes for the integration and optimization of LAN/WAN components, infrastructure requirements, and test and evaluation methods sufficient to install and operate base wide programs and provide technical guidance to others in designing, testing, operating, and maintaining network programs.
4. Knowledge of a wide variety of established commercial network design programs and how they interrelate and function within various environments.
5. Skill in applying IT network development concepts and techniques to provide computer applications which provide optimal functional support for users.
6. Ability to analyze functional IT network system requirements, translate findings into functional requirements, develop supportable recommendations for enhancement, and apply a wide range of methodologies and tools.
7. Ability to serve as a team leader or member of special projects and to coordinate and document the work of the team.
8. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
3D0X1, 3D0X2, 3D0X3, 3D1X1, 3D1X2, 3D1X3, 3D1X4
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)