EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information click here. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element(s) listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (screen out element).
2. Knowledge of work practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order).
3. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (other than blueprints). Ability to independently complete assignments involving several steps, phases, or procedures. Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
4. Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment. Knowledge of large, complex riding mowers and snow blowers and similar types of specialized mowing and snow equipment. Skill in operating various controls and levers to maneuver equipment and lift, lower, adjust, engage, and disengage components or attached devices; and controlling and maneuvering large, complex mowing and snow equipment.
5. Ability to use dexterity and safety. Knowledge of established safety standards and procedures. Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a Temporary position not to exceed 30 SEP 2017. The individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
- The work requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate valid drivers licens is required for the position.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and assigned overtime.
- Shift work may be required.
- May be required to train and/or guide other personnel.
- This position is "Inclement Weather Essential". Unless otherwise notified, employees identified as being Inclement Weather Essential personnel are expected to report for duty when base leadership has declared "Minimum Manning" due to inclement weather. It is understood that additional employees may be recalled as needed for mission accomplishment.
As WG-04, exerts very heavy physical effort in operating large, riding mowers and snow blowers on grades and sidewalks and in areas with bushes, trees, and other visible obstacles that require significant maneuvering and lever control. Some arm and leg movement is required to manipulate equipment controls. Employee frequently lifts and moves equipment and components weighing over 50 pounds (23 kilograms).
As WG-04, work is performed outside in all kinds of weather and inside in areas that may be dusty, drafty, and noisy. The equipment, tools, and tasks involved frequently require extreme care and use of safety gloves, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, or respirators to avoid severe injury such as fractures, severe cuts, and back strain.