APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members of the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Indefinite Appointment
and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and must possess the following AFSC: 2A373
Max Military Grade: E8/SMSgt
NOTE: Position is being dual-announced with an AGR announcement.
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
NOTE: Applicants must possess the military rank/grade of E8/SMSgt or E7/MSgt and be eligible for promotion to E8/SMSgt by 1 January 2018
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
QUALIFICATION: Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor, WS-8852-10, E7/MSgt or E8/SMSgt
Specialized Experience: Must have 36 months experience which demonstrates the ability to plan and organize work assignments for the function; experience which requires the applicant to review work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines; experience that provides a knowledge of the various lines of work performed by the function and associated support organizations; experience which demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with other people and gain their cooperation in achieving common goals; experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise through subordinate supervisors, or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate, skill at applying human relations techniques, a knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and a knowledge of shop processes; experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations. Experience in and knowledge of trades and labor work associated with exercising technical and administrative supervision of this position is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of aircraft systems and components in electrical, fuel, hydraulic, environmental and mechanical principles in sufficient detail to perform the duties and responsibilities as applied to aircraft and supporting systems.
2. Skills to analyze production, cost and personnel utilization records and makes adjustment in operations to correct problems.
3. Ability to provide technical and administrative supervision of aircraft maintenance functions. Plan and distribute work assignments to subordinates.
4. Ability to set priorities for multiples workcenters within the Maintenance Group.
5. Ability to counsel employees and resolve informal and formal complaints and grievances.
6. Ability to estimate materials and manpower needs for specific jobs and maintain records and reports.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.