The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Ensures Sustainment Services personnel and equipment mobility requirements are accomplished.
- Provides oversight, analysis, and review of Services training requirements; consistent with Career Field Education and Training Plan (CFETP) and master training plan standards.
- Analyzes historical data to develop subsistence requisitions in accordance with Air Force and Air National Guard standards.
- Contacts Prime Vendor, Defense Logistics Agency, and Defense Finance and Accounting Service representatives to coordinate changes in requirements, modify subsistence catalogue, and correct errors or deficiencies related to food service program.
- Administers tracking mechanism to document purchase requests and expenditures.
- Reviews subsistence and supply expenditures and analyzes trends to provide recommendations to Base Services Manager for inclusion in annual financial planning documents.
- Provides input into creation and revision of base lodging operating instruction and applicable checklists or guides.
- Coordinates with contracting officer to establish formal contracts or Blanket Purchase Agreements with local hotels or with host installation agencies to support non-commuting members.
- Maintain accountability of members while using lodging, addresses and resolves customer issues and complaints.
- Oversees the verification of contract requirements, invoicing, and validation of contract completion requirements.
- Serves as the Quality Assurance Evaluator (QAE) performing quality management, quality assurance and quality control measures to include external and internal audit activities particularly associated with the acquisition and sustainment of Services facilities and equipment repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 24 months specialized experience in any position that required compiling reports, letters, memoranda, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information. Applicants must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled. Applicants must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures and practices of management. Experience developing administrative procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of the principles and standard practices of management.
- Knowledge of the techniques of organization, direction, coordination and control.
- Ability to formulate and execute long range plans and programs.
- Skilled in the performance of standard clerical and office duties.
- Skilled in both oral and written communications.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must posses or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician BASE SERVICES SPECIALIST position, the selectee must be assigned to JADC in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted in AFSC: 3M0X1 Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).