DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is located in an Air National Guard (ANG), Air Traffic Control Squadron (ATCS). The purpose of the position is to assist work center and staff function supervisors with the identification and resolution of management and maintenance issues and concerns in order to effectively assess the Squadrons ability to meet the mission requirements of fielding a complex and operating a fixed and deployable complex Air Traffic Control weapons system. Reviews policies, procedures, and techniques of assigned work centers used in support of programs essential to ACS ATCS daily operations, training, and readiness missions. Advises the Chief, Airfield Systems Flight of methods or processes to significantly improve the quality of maintenance as well as the overall management posture within the maintenance activity. Assists staff and production supervisors to determine the root causes of problems and helps devise corrective actions. The employee in this position is required to maintain the qualifications and required competency levels in their assigned career field.
(1) Evaluates and analyzes the readiness posture through process, managerial, personnel, technical and special evaluations. Provides management with factual, objective assessments of the Squadrons ability to perform the mission. Provides advice and authoritative reference to management and activity supervisors in the resolution of quality and technical maintenance and management problems. Uses standardized and locally developed evaluation programs and processes. Develops process evaluation plans and conducts evaluations, inspections, studies, surveys, and interviews to gather information necessary to formulate policies, procedures, and strategies for the Squadron. Advises personnel, supervisors, and managers on basic program policies, regulatory requirements, and procedures. Determines compliance with applicable regulations, procedures, and practices.
(2) Conducts, analyzes, and documents technical and personnel evaluations to ensure training programs are adequate, specialists and technicians are competent, technical and procedural data are adequate, and that equipment is maintained and managed according to applicable technical data. Conducts managerial evaluations to evaluate management effectiveness, equipment and systems condition, and the performance and technical proficiency of assigned personnel.
(3) Conducts, analyzes and documents special evaluations as directed by higher authority or Squadron management to identify problem areas and suggest corrective actions to restore systems or equipment to technical specifications after unsatisfactory system performance. Evaluates technical and managerial areas to prevent a recurrence of unsatisfactory system performance. Determines the Technical Order (TO) completeness, serviceability, and modification status of system end items and major assemblies when items are transferred to or from the maintenance activity or upon returning from a deployed location. Determines if equipment or systems installed, overhauled, modified, modernized, or relocated meet technical and installation requirements. Ensures equipment records and technical data are current and adequate.
(4) Conducts studies to ensure ground/industrial safety, fire prevention and security standards are being followed. Makes recommendations, reviews responses and ensures that corrective actions are performed.
(5) Manages evaluation program to ensure required actions are tracked and completed. Establishes internal reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports. Prepares deficiency analysis reports identifying limiting factors, quality of management practices, production, and procedures. Develops, collects, and maintains various data used to evaluate, regulate and improve all functional areas. Performs, analyzes and documents evaluations to provide an overall picture of the Squadrons quality of maintenance, operational capability, and effectiveness of training. Evaluates data from any source that is significant to any functional area program. Provides results and recommendations to the Chief, Airfield Systems Flight.
(6) Performs duties as the Technical Order Distribution Officer (TODO). Ensures the adequacy and accuracy of the TO library in the Squadron. Orders, accounts, and distributes required documentation to work centers. Ensures that Operational and Safety Supplements are processed and distributed in a timely and expedient manner.