The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician Enlisted position is to serve as an Operations Technician assisting the aviation resource management specialist in managing flying operations resources. Incumbent may accomplish a variety of support tasks related to the assessment and recording of weapons, delivery imagery and the gun/missile documentary imagery assessment program of tactical fighter aircraft. As such, the incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Assist in scheduling and dispatching aircrews.
- Obtain flight clearances, maintain aircrew training records, compile reports and maintain required publications.
- Input, update, and retrieve aircrew data using the Air Force Aviation Resource Management System (ARMS).
- Schedule regulatory requirements such as physical exams, physiological training, etc.
- Extract and summarize statistical aircrew training and aviation resource management data from electronic management systems.
You must have one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal Service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities as shown below to successfully perform the duties of the position. Experience which provides a thorough knowledge of a flying operations atmosphere involving a general knowledge of administrative procedures, flight operations management and aircrew functions. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): (1) Knowledge of aviation management policy and procedures. (2) Knowledge of aviation resource management. (3) Knowledge of flight schedules. (4) Ability to maintain flight reports and records.
Substitution of Education for Experience: NONE
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance. (2) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve Military requirements. (3) Work is typically performed in an office environment that is adequately lighted and climate controlled. (4) Work may entail some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. (5) Some positions under this announcement may be covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. (6) Some positions covered by this announcement may be designated as drug testing positions where the incumbent may be subject to random drug testing.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
The salary provided in this announcement is the base pay and does not include Locality Pay which will vary depending on geographical location. Please visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/ to obtain the salary for your area of interest.
- Preferred Military AFSC: 1C0X2
- Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training (VMET) documents with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success) website https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/tgps/ to obtain this VMET information.
- For more information visit the Air Force Reserve Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUS/JobOpportunities.aspx.
- Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
- Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified categories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
- Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/veterans-authorities/#url=Appointment-of-Military-Spouses<="" for="" in="" preference.="" spouse="" asking="" are="" you="" that="" application="" your="" identify="" clearly="">. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
- All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.