(1) Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work of the full range of C-E (Communications-Electronics) equipment and systems assigned. Evaluates scheduling, rescheduling or reassignment of work by assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Establishes work performance standards and evaluates the work performance of subordinates. Gives advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters. Provides highly complex technical solutions to support unique systems requirements for specialized command and control, communications, and computer equipment. Monitors quality control practices and identifies ways to improve production, timeliness, efficiency or quality of work. Monitors system and equipment status, repair actions, modifications, and related matters. Analyzes the branchs mission support capabilities, evaluates maintenance effectiveness, and reports the branchs mission capability. Initiates action required to maintain maximum degrees of efficiency and reliability. Develops new procedures to solve unprecedented technical problems. Takes, directs, or recommends remedial actions to correct problems or deficiencies and to preclude recurrence. Advises the Communication/Information Maintenance Manager of significant issues and matters concerning the branches mission readiness capabilities.
(2) Interviews candidates for positions in the unit and recommends selection of new employees for reassignment and promotion to such positions. Ensures the proper use, management, and training of all personnel, consisting of multiple technical disciplines within the branch. Identifies developmental and training needs of employees, and provides or arranges for such. Ensures Drill Status Guard personnel are properly trained and able to perform the assigned activities. Hears and resolves complaints from employees, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager. Initiates minor disciplinary actions, such as warnings and reprimands, recommending other action in more serious cases. Recommends awards, approves leave and step increases. Realigns duties within the branch to ensure efficient use of assigned manpower to accomplish units mission. Manages overall personnel program within the section.
(3) Prepares and submits budget estimates and revisions for the procurement, installation, and operation/maintenance of equipment and supply items. Monitors and controls the expenditure of material and manpower resources in accomplishment of peacetime and wartime mission goals. Identifies resource shortages or projected shortages to supervisor and/or unit commander. Analyzes and evaluates new requirements and recommends most efficient completion method.
(4) Exercises continuing responsibility for safety conditions, procedures, and work practices employed within the branch. Provides work force guidance on safety matters and ensures safe work practices are utilized. Ensures periodic inspections of work centers are performed and immediate action is taken to correct unsafe conditions.
(5) Performs the non-supervisory work by designing, engineering, analyzing, installing, maintaining, programming and operating the equipment within their assigned career field alongside of those employees supervised.
**** A more comprehensive detailed description of the position may be found in Position Description "D1792P01" in the employing unit or in the Human Resources Office ****