GENERAL: Experience, education, or training in coordinating and accomplishing multimedia products and services by using skills related to photography, audiovisual production, visual information, illustration, computer operation, and telecommunication work. Experience using traditional and modern digital production techniques and equipment.
Audiovisual Production Specialist GS-1071-09: Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving operating audio-visual recorders, sound mixers, microphones, TV cameras and related equipment. Experience in audio-visual editing from more than one camera to produce a finished product (i.e., film parts for closed circuit television, still photography and graphics). Experience working with narrators, speakers and other personnel to film live, videotaped or filmed television production or recorded radio productions and other similar productions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of the processes, methodologies, personnel, equipment, and related requirements involved in planning and carrying out the steps necessary to produce well-precedented kinds of audiovisual productions, develop production schedules, coordinate staff activities, and make normal kinds of administrative and logistical arrangements.
2. Knowledge of emerging technologies, reviews technical periodicals, publications, commercial standards, and attends seminars.
3. Knowledge of the subject matter program area to develop designs, concepts, or visual styles for publications, exhibits, or presentation material. The incumbent applies the knowledge of current multimedia procedures to produce visual and/or audio elements.
4. Knowledge of visual arts and photography methods, techniques, and processes to produce visual products and services that reflect subject matter content.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
|Date Posted||October 5, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 4, 2017|
|Located In||Port hueneme, CA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories