In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this ORDNANCE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which has provided the candidate with the knowledge and application of mechanical and electrical principles and the skill to perform intricate repair and adjustment of hydraulic and pneumatic components and devices.
Must have at least 18 months of experience or training in repairing,rebuilding, modifying and testing a variety of major subassemblies. Experience in diagnosing malfunctions and determining repair in major components consisting of numerous assemblies, interrelated electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic assemblies, and components. Experience in the use of precision measurement equipment.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Must be skilled in the use of precision measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, potentiometers and frequency signal generators.
2. Must be skilled in well as in troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating and maintaining missiles.
3. Must have a knowlege of missile test equipment.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)