In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this IT SPECIALIST (SECURITY) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of a full range of IT security principles, methods, regulations, policies, products and services sufficient to develop specifications to ensure compliance with security requirements at the LAN level and to plan and coordinate the delivery of an IT security awareness training program for end users at all levels at the installation.
2. Knowledge of a full range of IT security requirements for certification and accreditation; network operations and protocols; systems testing and evaluation; and performance management methods sufficient to implement and coordinate activities designed to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities; to monitor and evaluate systems compliance with IT security requirements; provide advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems; to plan and conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks; and to recommend new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on the results of accreditation reviews.
3. Knowledge of a wide range of IT and communication computer security techniques, requirements, methods, sources, and procedures in INFOSEC, EKMS, EMSEC, and secure voice (e.g., STE, Secure VoIP) Automated Software security.
4. Knowledge of the EKMS program and related hardware and software, including knowledge of operating systems, local COMSEC Management Software, relational data base management systems, computer-communications software.
5. Knowledge of a broad range of telecommunications equipment, operating techniques, concepts, principles, practices, requirements, methods, sources, and procedures (including familiarity with approaches used by telecommunications organizations in other agencies and/or the private sector) sufficient to manage the Communications Security (COMSEC) program, and the Cryptographic Access Program to interpret policy originating from higher organizational levels and to analyze and resolve difficult and complex telecommunications security problems where telecommunications knowledge is paramount.
6. Knowledge of system software and systems development life cycles including systems documentation, design development, configuration management, cost analysis, data administration, systems integration, and testing.
7. Knowledge of IT security requirements sufficient to develop and evaluate program documentation to include: mission needs statements, operational requirements documents and support plans, specifications, and proposals.
8. Skill to develop and evaluate program documentation to include mission needs statements, operational requirements documents and support plans, specifications, proposals, and plans for systems operational test and evaluation of communications and information security systems.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
3D0X1, 3D0X2, 3D0X3, 3D1X1, 3D1X2, 3D1X3, 3D1X4
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)