MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Experience, education, or training interpreting, explaining, and/or applying a variety of regulations and procedures. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (GS-09) - Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in arranging or procuring transportation for personnel, cargo or freight. Experience in pre and post auditing of freight bills, bills of lading, and personnel transportation vouchers. Experience coordinating and negotiating with organizations/personnel both orally and in writing to resolve differences/problems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (GS-07) - Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training in working with directives and regulations governing transportation of personnel, cargo or freight. Knowledge of freight rating, classification of carriers agreement, and contracts for the transportation of personnel, cargo or freight. Experience which includes planning, organizing, and coordinating work.
- Ability to maintain certification in the Emergency Action Procedures (EAP) of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), Unified Commands, Air Mobility Command (AMC), United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), and National Guard Bureau (NGB).
- Knowledge and ability to transmit instructions to aircrews and support assests to coordinate launch, recall, execution, and terminating missions in support of operational events.
- Knowledge and ability to control movement and status of the alert force, and coordinates alert force requirements with key base agencies such as Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) tower, Central Security Control (CSC), Maintenance Operations Center (MOC), and Fire Department.
- Ability to provide a variety of briefings to the CAT and the alert force.
- Knowledge and ability to gather information for Operational Reporting (OPREP) regarding significant events or incidents involving personnel and wing assets that require reporting to HHQ, Contingency Operations, significant peacetime events, and state emergency situations.
- Knowledge and ability to submit flight plans and coordinate changes to FAA via Aeronautical Information Systems (AIS) or voice systems to support flying (mission) operations.
-Individual selected must be capable of possessing/maintaining a Top Secret Clearance.
-Must be willing to work Shift Work, to include Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
-Minimum score of 55 in Admin and 67 in General area on ASVAB
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Military Grades: E3 to E5
Selectee(s) must be within the military grade(s) listed in this job announcement prior to the effective date of placement into the technician position.
Applicant(s) who are over grade must clearly state, in their resumes, their intentions to willingly take a reduction in grade.
Compatible Military Assignments: 1C3X1
It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS/AFSC listed as compatible to the position in order to apply. It is, however, the applicants responsibility to acquire a compatible MOS/AFSC within 1 year of appointment. Coordinate with your units training representative to determine whether or not you can qualify for a specific MOS/AFSC and/or receive training.
Note: Must meet AFI 36-2903 dtd 18 Jul 2011, chg 4 dtd 28 May 2015, Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel (i.e., Tattoo Standards)
OTHER PERTINENT DATA
This vacancy will be processed in accordance with NHNG TPR 335 & Article 16 of the Labor Management Agreement. Military compatibility and grade inversion rules will be strictly adhered to. In order to comply with the NGB compatibility criteria, selected individual will be immediately assigned to compatible military assignment.
THE FILLING OF THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF MANPOWER SPACE.
Reimbursement for PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS) expenses is not authorized.
Selected individual must enroll in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program. The Federal Financial Management Act of 1994, SEC 402, Electronics Payments, requires direct deposit to a financial institution for all Federal wage or salary payments.
If you are a male born after 31 December 1959, and you desire employment with the Federal Government, you must be registered with Selective Service.
The Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus, Student Loan Repayment Program incentive, and Selected Reserve Recruitment Health Care Professionals incentive will be terminated upon start date for a military technician position or AGR Title 10 or Title 32 tour. Recoupment may be required depending on the specific incentive contract recoupment procedures.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.