APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members of the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Indefinite Appointment
and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and must possess the following AFSC : 3P0X1
Max Military Grade: E6/TSgt
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
QUALIFICATION: Police Officer, GS-0083-06, E1-E6
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 3 -12 months experience, training or education in performing practical security force (SF) activities in direct support of the military weapon systems and physical security; law and order; or area security operations. Work experiences are in law enforcement, maintaining law and order, preserving the peace, and protecting life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of military installations. Has experiences in protecting federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. Has experiences in responding to disaster and relief operations and participates in contingencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of the full range of security forces, and police and law enforcement services which requires considerable training, experience, and proficiency to perform the full range of operations in preventing or resolving offenses.
2. Knowledge of security and security forces requirements, procedures, and tactics to support installation physical security and contingency operations.
3. Knowledge of firearms and tactics utilized in emergency situations.
4. Ability to use firearms in emergency situations.
5. Ability to use automated information systems to enter and extract data and to prepare reports.
EDUCATION: For entry into this specialty, completion of high school or General Equivalency Diploma is mandatory. Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for the grade levels specified.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.