In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this IT SPECIALIST (CUSTOMER SUPPORT) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
A Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of applying analysis concepts to IT network systems and independent IT platforms, integration methods, performance tuning methods, test and evaluation
methods and procedures, IT security principles and methods plus, project management principles and methods sufficient to plan and coordinate the installation of new products or equipment.
2. Ability to analyze, apply methods and practices for recovering, adjusting and modifying IT systems to solve complex problems, while improving customer support practices, that minimizes interruptions in service.
3. Knowledge of network operations, security methods, and network architecture optimization techniques; the capabilities and limitations of the IT systems, infrastructure and software configuration in order to manage the tenant network, carry out network and/or independent platform projects and coordinate efforts with others affected in the organization.
4. Knowledge of systems development, modification, testing, installation, operations, and support concepts as well as the organizations network and infrastructure architecture and protocols to provide support related to: test, evaluation, installation, configuration and modification of hardware and software for operating systems, network platform, and interface connectivity. Provision of network services and planning for increased or changed requirements; modifications and integration of network systems and infrastructure consistent with existing or planned infrastructure/architecture; configuration management changes and upgrades; and connectivity between remote sites.
5. Knowledge of the interrelationship of multiple IT systems, utilizing methods, principles, and practices covering restoral from complex computer and infrastructure system failures, recovery of systems, adjusting, modifying, and improving systems to include hardware and software components.
6. Knowledge of methods and practices involved in the integration of system components sufficient to optimize system performance.
7. Knowledge of performance measurement tools, systems testing and diagnostics, COTS products, Internet technologies, analytical methods and practices, requirements analysis techniques in order to: test and optimize the functionality of the systems, networks, and data; provide advice on a wide range of IT issues; ensure optimal use of commercially available products; represent the organization in interactions with other organizations; prepare and present reports; conduct analyses and recommend resolution of difficult issues; identify and define business requirements applied to the development, implementation management and support of systems and networks; etc.
8. Knowledge of IT security principles and products; DOD and agency policies, procedures, regulations, directives, and requirements related to physical, personnel, emanations, and information security; methods for evaluating risk or vulnerability; IT INFOSEC security requirements for certification and accreditation; network operations and protocols; systems testing and evaluation, and performance management methods sufficient to plan and conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks and assess and advise on new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on the results of accreditation reviews.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
3D0X1, 3D0X2, 3D0X3, 3D1X1, 3D1X2, 3D1X3, 3D1X4
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)