SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year or 52 weeks of specialized PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING experience equivalent to the DR-03 band level or GS-14 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent in an alternate pay system. Specialized PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING experience must include experience conducting and managing science and technology systems engineering and/or program management; AND experience in performing and/or managing at least 6 of the following areas: 1) strategic planning and strategic investment planning, 2) requirements analysis, 3) operational analysis / war gaming, 4) strategic corporate communications, 5) small business innovations research, 6) technology transition/transfer, 7) cooperative agreements and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) outreach, AND/OR 8) executing / managing programs within a technology investment portfolio.
To view the OPM qualification standard http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0800/0801.htm
In addition, applicants must meet the Basic Qualification requirements for professional engineering positions. To view the OPM Qualification Standards click on the following link:
To view general information on qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY OR MEET BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS? All candidates MUST provide college or university transcripts to support educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements. However, you must show proof of the education credentials have been deemed to be equivalent at least to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For more information click here.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
· This may/may not be a Testing Designated Position. The incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
· This position may require a three-year probationary period.
· A one year supervisory probationary period will be required if one has not already been completed.
· The incumbent of this position must be able to obtain and maintain the necessary and required Top Secret security clearance.
· In accordance with the provisions of the Joint Ethics Regulation, the incumbent of this position must file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE Form 450, initially, and thereafter, on an annual basis.
· This is an APDP position requiring Level 3 Critical Certification in Engineering (S).
· This is a Critical Acquisition Position. Unless specifically waived by the appropriate Component Official, (i.e, the Director of Acquisition Career Management for the Component, the service Acquisition Executive, or the Service Secretary) or if the employee is "grandfathered" under 10 U.S.C. 1736(c)(1), the following are statutorily mandated requirements (Reference: 10 U.S.C. 1733 and 1737):
- Selectee must be a member of an Acquisition Corps at the time of appointment.
- Selectee must execute, as a condition of appointment, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in this position for at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.