In order to meet the Minimum Qualifications for this IT Specialist (CUSTSPT) position at the GS-11 grade level, you must have at least 36 months of:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities that will be evaluated for this position include:
- Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
- Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
- Knowledge of applying analysis concepts to IT network systems and independent IT platforms, integration methods, performance tuning methods, test and evaluation methods and procedures, IT security principles and methods plus, project management principles and methods sufficient to plan and coordinate the installation of new products or equipment.
- Ability to analyze, apply methods and practices for recovering, adjusting and modifying IT systems to solve complex problems, while improving customer support practices, that minimizes interruptions in service.
- Knowledge of network operations, security methods, and network architecture optimization techniques; the capabilities and limitations of the IT systems, infrastructure and software configuration in order to manage the tenant network, carry out network and/or independent platform projects and coordinate efforts with others affected in the organization.
- Knowledge of systems development, modification, testing, installation, operations, and support concepts as well as the organizations network and infrastructure architecture and protocols to provide support related to: test, evaluation, installation, configuration and modification of hardware and software for operating systems, network platform, and interface connectivity. Provision of network services and planning for increased or changed requirements; modifications and integration of network systems and infrastructure consistent with existing or planned infrastructure/architecture; configuration management changes and upgrades; and connectivity between remote sites.
- Knowledge of the interrelationship of multiple IT systems, utilizing methods, principles, and practices covering restoral from complex computer and infrastructure system failures, recovery of systems, adjusting, modifying, and improving systems to include hardware and software components.
- Knowledge of methods and practices involved in the integration of system components sufficient to optimize system performance.
- Knowledge of performance measurement tools, systems testing and diagnostics, COTS products, Internet technologies, analytical methods and practices, requirements analysis techniques in order to: test and optimize the functionality of the systems, networks, and data; provide advice on a wide range of IT issues; ensure optimal use of commercially available products; represent the organization in interactions with other organizations;prepare and present reports; conduct analyses and recommend resolution of difficult issues; identify and define business requirements applied to the development, implementation management and support of systems and networks; etc.
- Knowledge of IT security principles and products; DOD and agency policies, procedures, regulations, directives, and requirements related to physical, personnel, emanations, and information security; methods for evaluating risk or vulnerability; IT INFOSEC security requirements for certification and accreditation; network operations and protocols; systems testing and evaluation, and performance management methods sufficient to plan and conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks and assess and advise on new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on the results of accreditation reviews.
Educational Requirements and/or Substitution of Education for Experience: At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Must participate in Direct Deposit
A criminal history check will be completed on all selectees before hire date.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be payable.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting involving everyday risks or discomforts that require the normal safety precautions. The area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Visits to production areas are infrequent and relatively free of hazards.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work is administrative in nature w ith no special physical demands. There is a requirement to walk, stand, bend, and carry light items
If you are not a member of the Indiana Air National Guard, please call the Indiana Air National Guard Recruiting Office at 800-GO-GUARD. You can also view our website at http://www.in.ng.mil/Recruiting/tabid/1041/Default.aspx.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.