In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this HEALTH SYSTEMS SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
All series personnel must be certified at the next higher level before being eligible for that level and must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in a career skill competency level immediately below the next higher level. Must have validated understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the occupational series and grade.
Have military or civilian working experiences and knowledge of the basic principles and practices related to the management of health care delivery systems. Military or civilian working knowledge is required in general clerical procedures; medical terminology; regulations, and directives; medical ethics; health records administration; principles of coding; and anatomy or physiology programs. Must have at least 12 months military or civilian experience at a novice competency level in one of the medical service core functions, which are prescribed as: Health facilities, health plan management, medical resources, health care information management and information technology, medical logistics, or medical readiness (including aeromedical evacuation). Have military or civilian working experiences and knowledge in analyzing and recommending solutions to complicated problems. Experienced in developing and implementing various policies and procedures used in the state medical programs. Experienced in various administrative areas such as budget, personnel and public relations within a medical unit or medical activity.
Must have a high school diploma. An undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university is optimum in health care administration, general science, biology, psychology, or other closely-related medical degree fields.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. In-depth knowledge of the characteristics of the Worldwide AE systems, policies, and procedures.
2. Knowledge of unit, ANG, Air Material Command (AMC), and U. S. Air Force (USAF) AE missions to analyze, evaluate, and recommend/implement actions to enhance operational readiness and unit effectiveness.
3. In-depth knowledge of emergency medical practice and procedures.
4. In-depth knowledge of altitude physiology and in-flight patient care requirements and procedures.
5. In-depth knowledge of general management policies, principles, and procedures.
6. Knowledge of the AE mission, organization, programs, requirements, and functions is necessary to understand the operational implications of functional element interrelationships and to plan, organize, and implement units programs and health care delivery, both in-flight and on the ground.
7. Skill in applying statistical and accounting-type data analysis tools and techniques to develop and present analytical findings and recommendations in a clear and concise written and/or oral format.
8. Knowledge of presentation skills needed to influence others and deliver briefings, lead discussions, conduct training workshops and seminars, and prepare project reports.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)
3. Copy of High School Transcript (Please upload under "Transcript")