The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to assist in the administration of a variety of education and training program duties in support of an organization. Assistance in these education and training program duties may include but are not limited to: on-the-job training (OJT), civilian training requirements; retraining; formal schools, instructional systems development (ISD); professional military education; ancillary training; distance learning; organizational training planning; providing technical guidance and assistance to managers and supervisors on all aspects of the training programs elements; preparing briefings regarding status of programs. Incumbent of this position may perform the following duties:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the organizations training program including policy and procedures. Conduct staff visits to work centers within the organization. Perform test examiner duties.
- Assist with managing the development of education and training instructional products. Maintain a training library.
- Manage the administration of the benefits and entitlements for educational programs.
- Input and monitor the overall accuracy and reliability of all data entered into and maintained in an automated personnel data system.
- Organize and coordinate operations of a distance learning system, and multimedia education and training programs.
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal Service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of the this position. Experience which involved performing education and training duties such as: providing guidance for completing degree requirements; data input; providing guidance on various education and training programs; development of course objectives and assisting with video teletraining. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure your ability in the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): (1) Knowledge of the training methods, policies, procedures, regulations, and documentation requirements. (2) Knowledge of the principles and processes of effective instruction and adult learning. (3) Ability to assist, to provide and/or develop guidance on education and training programs. (4) Knowledge and skill in using automated systems to prepare reports, extract data and analyze products to determine efficiencies and/or trends. (5) Skill in oral and written communication to ensure accomplishment of training program objectives.
Substitution of Education for Experience: None.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. (2) Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as designated for this position. (3) Some positions covered by this announcement may be designated as drug-testing positions where the incumbent may be subject to random drug testing. (4) Some positions under this announcement may be controlled positions covered by Personnel Reliability Program (PRP). (5) Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve military requirements. (6) May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty. May be required to work other than normal duty hours which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays. (7) Work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, and small parts. (8) The work environment involves everyday risks of discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, residences, or commercial vehicles. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
The salary provided in this announcement is the base pay and does not include Locality Pay which will vary depending on geographical location. Please visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/ to obtain the salary for your area of interest.
- Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training (VMET) documents with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success) website https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/tgps/ to obtain this VMET information.
- For more information visit the Air Force Reserve Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUs/JobOpportunities.aspx.
- Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
- Individuals who have special priority selection rights under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified categories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
- Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/veterans-authorities/. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
- All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.