The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as a Human Resources Asst (Mil) accomplishing military personnel functions within the unit personnel activity and to train reservists in the accomplishment of such tasks. As such, incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Assist in the military personnel customer support programs.
- Assist in the administration of military personnel career development programs.
- Assist in the administration of military personnel force management programs.
- Input data into the Personnel Data System (PDS) and Victual Personnel Center-Guard Reserve (vPC-GR).
- Assist in conducting staff assistance visits and train personnel on various military personnel programs.
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of this position. Experience which provides a thorough knowledge of assisting in the management, interpretation, and administration of military personnel records, regulations and programs. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
(1) Knowledge of the purpose, content, and use of military personnel records. 2) Ability to analyze, determine accuracy of, and complete various records and forms. (3) Knowledge of military personnel regulations. (4) Ability to relate military personnel regulations and established procedures to specific cases.
Substitution of Education for Experience: NONE
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance. (2) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. (3) The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTA). (4) The work is sedentary however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light objects. (5) Some positions under this announcement may be covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. (6) Some positions covered by this announcement may be designated as drug testing positions where the incumbent may be subject to random drug testing. (7) Some positions under this announcement may be controlled positions covered by the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP).
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
The salary provided in this announcement is the base pay and does not include Locality Pay which will vary depending on geographical location. Please visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/ to obtain the salary for your area of interest.
- Preferred Military AFSC: 3S0X1
- Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training (VMET) documents with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success) website https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/tgps/ to obtain this VMET information.
- For more information visit the Air Force Reserve Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUS/JobOpportunities.aspx.
- Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
- Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified categories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
- Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/veterans-authorities<="" for="" in="" preference.="" spouse="" asking="" are="" you="" that="" application="" your="" identify="" clearly="">. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
- All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.