In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) position, you must meet the following criteria.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelors degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. A wide range of military human resource concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents sufficient to provide comprehensive advisory and technical services on substantive organizational functions and work practices.
2. An in depth understanding of complex organizational structures with military and full-time organizational alignment.
3. Ability to interpret and analyze state laws and rules with respect to military personnel management to include appointment, separation, retirement and discharge.
4. Ability to prepare and analyze qualitative and quantitative measures for officer and enlisted personnel management; sufficient to develop computer-based models for projecting officer and enlisted gains, losses and other attrition for such
programs as diversity, selective retention, and statewide strength projections.
5. Extensive understanding of military personnel evaluation systems and the ability to provide guidance to senior level commanders and managers.
6. Ability to develop analytical tools to track and monitor officer performance reports.
7. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in regard to complex personnel management policies that determine the career management of ANG officer and enlisted personnel.
8. Ability to develop and disseminate personnel management programs which impact and affect several different wings with different missions and aircraft.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
APPLICANT MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)