This internship is to provide a learning opportunity for a student enrolled in a field of study relating to their career path, to enhance their future goals and improve their knowledge with work experience in a working environment.
· Performs selected task and phases of routine studies and projects that require application of basic occupational field theory and principles in the technical area of Financial Management
· Participates with senior personnel in conducting non-routine projects
· Provides assistance in planning, monitoring and conducting special studies, projects, and initiatives
· Prepares written correspondence and other documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
· Knowledge of basic occupational theory, principles, concepts, and practices in the technical area of Financial Management
· Skill in applying basic occupational theory, principles, concepts, and practices to perform student trainee assignments
· Ability to follow instructions and guidance to complete assigned task and communicate information to others in an oral or written form
· Ability to analyze problems, identify significant factors, gather and interpret pertinent data, and apply establish rules and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions
· Ability to learn and apply basic investigative techniques to accomplish work in the subject-matter field.
· Ability to gather and analyze basic facts, information, and data, and draw conclusions
Program Eligibility Requirements
· Be accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree in a qualifying educational institution on a half-to full-time basis
· Meet the definition of a student throughout the duration of their appointments
· Meet agency-specific requirements as a specified in the agencys Participant Agreement with the Intern
· Meet the qualification standards for this Internship position
Qualification: In order to qualify, you must meet the education requirements described below:
Education: Have successfully completed 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associates degree from a qualifying educational institution.
This position has an education requirement. You will be required to provide transcripts or proof of enrollment to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You must be:
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) from an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school
- Enrolled or attending on at least a half-time basis as defined by the institution
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if:
· Permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act
· Eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Additional Conditions of Employment
This is a Financial Management Level 1 Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.
This position has been designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP). The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification requirements
applicable to the career category designated on the position description within 24 months of assignment.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, must be registered with the selective service system (or have an exemption) to be eligible for federal employment. For additional information or to register, click here.
The entire period served under the Internship Program counts as the participants trial period.
You will be in a trial period throughout your entire Pathways appointment.
Interns may work part-time or full-time schedules
Interns may be considered for noncompetitive conversion to a term or permanent appointment within 120 days of completion of educational program requirements, if they meet the following:
1. U.S. citizenship
2. Successful completion of academic course of study, degree, diploma, etc.
3. Completion of a minimum of 640 hours of work experience under the Internship Program
4. Meet the OPM Qualification requirements for the position the intern may be converted to
5. Maintain acceptable performance
It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee the agency will offer conversion.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.