The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as command post controller and, as such, carry out all functions associated with command post operations for airlift/rescue/fighter/special operations and tanker units. Incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Command and Control Operations (C2OP) and mission monitoring. Analyze and evaluate unit requirements and functions in support of the unit commander and staff as it relates to command and control under contingency and peacetime operations.
- Emergency Actions. Receive, analyze, decipher and take action on time critical HHQ alert messages as it relates to air base defense, sabotage, acts of war, posturing of forces and natural disasters.
- Operational and Readiness Reporting. Receive, analyze and disseminate C2 message traffic to appropriate wing agencies.
- Facilities, Communications Systems, Equipment and Material. Assist with the management and control of facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Administration and Resource Management. Assist with maintaining publications and forms library.
You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of this position. Experience which provides a thorough knowledge of Command Post mission and functions. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).(1) Knowledge of command and control operational reporting, mission monitoring, and emergency actions.(2) Knowledge of security instructions, practices and procedures.(3) Ability to research, collect, analyze, organize, and prepare data.(4) Knowledge of federal and civilian disaster response agencies. (5) Skill to effectively communicate orally. (6) Skill to effectively communicate in writing. Substitution of Education for experience: A Masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. OR Combining Experience and Education: Equivalent combinations or successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the experience requirements. For more information on combining experience and education, please refer to website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/SEC-IV/A/GS-ADMIN.HTM NOTE: Foreign education must be evaluated by an approved organization. The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) may be of some help in providing information on these organizations. Visit: Council for Higher Education Accreditation
CONDIDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. (2) Some of these positions must be able to obtain and retain Top Secret (TS/SCI) security clearance. (3) some of these positions must gain and retain certification IAW AF-10-207 as supplemented. (4) Some of the positions may be required to work shift work or uncommon tours of duty with limited/no notice. (5) Some positions are located in a high stress environment, requiring rapid response decisions. (6) Some positions under this announcement may be covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. (7) Some positions under this announcement may be controlled positions covered by the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP). (8) Some positions covered by this announcement may be designated as drug testing positions where the incumbent may be subject to random drug testing.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
The salary provided in this announcement is the base pay and does not include Locality Pay which will vary depending on geographical location. Please visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages
to obtain the salary for your area of interest.
- Preferred Military AFSC: 1C3X1
- Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training (VMET) documents with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success) website https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/tgps/ to obtain this VMET information.
- For more information visit the Air Force Reserve Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUs/JobOpportunities.aspx.
- Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
- Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified categories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
- Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/veterans-authorities. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
- All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.