GENERAL: Experience, education, or training in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work which demonstrates the candidates ability to communicate with individuals at different levels in order to assist and provide information. Experience using computers and automated systems.
Financial Management Technician, GS-0503-06 (Trainee): Must have at least 9 months experience which indicates the ability to obtain and present information in a clear and meaningful manner. Experience which has provided the applicant with a broad knowledge of financial data and the skill set to operate automated systems.
Financial Management Technician, GS-0503-07 (Trainee): Must have at least 12 months experience maintaining records, compiling reports, compiling figures, or performing other procedural work of two or more sections. Experience summarizing, analyzing and evaluating financial data for review. Experience providing technical and specialized administrative data, background material and references upon request.
Financial Management Technician, GS-0503-08: Must have at least 18 months experience doing thorough accurate work that requires a logical sequence of steps to accomplish a task. Experience in obtaining and interpreting information, organizing and developing clear and meaningful written information. Experience providing technical and specialized administrative data, background material and references upon request.
TRAINEE POSITION: Applicants not meeting full qualifications for the GS-08 position indicated above may be considered for GS-06/07 trainee, if qualified. Statement-of-Difference of qualification requirements for each are indicated. If appointed as trainee, the selectee may be non-competitively promoted to GS-08 upon meeting full qualifications and recommendations of supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of and skills in the interrelationships of the various financial, personnel and computer file systems, methods, techniques, precedent cases and procedures to resolve especially difficult and/or sensitive problems.
2. Practical knowledge, skill and judgment to reconstruct inaccurate accounts, gathers and organizes information for inquires and resolves problems referred by others.
3. Uses knowledge and skills to suggest specific changes to the guidelines and development of control mechanisms; applies experiences in additional training for customers and specific guidance related to the procedural handling of documents and information.
4. Knowledge and skill of auditing procedures in order to analyze the full range of pay, travel, accounts payable pay authorizations, and entitlements to determine compliance with multiple laws, regulations, policies, and issuances.
5. Knowledge and skill in applying principles and practices involving data protected under the Privacy Act. Knowledge and skills regarding records management.
6. Knowledge of training techniques and program instruction regarding the full range of financial transactions. Knowledge and skill in providing quality and time sensitive customer service techniques.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
This is a Financial Management Level Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.