The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Analyzes maintenance data and presents results to management.
- Interprets findings from maintenance data and the use of statistical
- Controls, develops, and coordinates maintenance data systems and
- Identifies trends and significant deviations from plans, schedules, and workload estimates.
- Analyzes impact on the maintenance mission and the results of corrective actions.
- Develops policies and procedures for Management Information System (MIS) application within maintenance activities.
- Evaluates maintenance manning and equipment, materiel and facility limitations to determine the impact
each has on unit and mission effectiveness.
- Develops methods for improving maintenance planning and programming procedures to ensure optimum use
of maintenance resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience in administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other responsible work which demonstrates analytical ability and a practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes and principles of management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 24 months specialized experience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge with the Management Information Sytstem (MIS) (GO81) and retrieval of
reports from MIS and must have an understanding of maintenance management concepts and application of maintenance directives.
- Ability to organize, plan and accomplish duties and responsibilities independently.
- Ability to interpret user manuals and technical directives and apply this guidance in the operation of information systems.
- Skill and ability to conduct analytical studies, comparisons, surveys or evaluation of efficiencies, productivity or effectiveness.
- Skill and ability to complete projects requiring detailed planning, organizing and gathering of
pertinent data for the evaluation of mission accomplishment or effectiveness.
- Ability to provide detailed analysis to senior leaders to assist them in making management decisions regarding personnel, facilities or missions.
- Knowledge of office productivity computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Power point.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must posses or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Management Analyst position, the selectee must be assigned to 165th Maintenance Squadron in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted in AFSC: 2R0XX, 2AXXX Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).