(A complete position description is on file in the HRO.)
1. Implements preliminary (advance) maintenance plans for assigned weapon systems and schedules immediate maintenance for transient aircraft. Designates, maintains and monitors current maintenance repair priorities of aircraft to ensure actuality and compliance with flying schedules.
2. Maintains visual aids depicting status of maintenance actions in progress, special ist availability and status of aerospace vehicles, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), training equipment, transportation and tow vehicles, munitions loads, arming of guns and munitions, and location of aircraft and dispatched AGE
3. Coordinates with Materiel Control on mission capable (MICAP) and non-mission capable status (NMCS) of parts, adjustments to in-shop work priorities, and verification of urgency of need designators. Determines the source of supply for cannibalization actions.
4. Requests necessary support services such as fire fighting activity standby, fuel and defuel and civil engineer support. Directs physical movement of aircraft and aerospace ground equipment
5. Develops and maintains current procedural check sheets for use during actions such as mass loads combat turnaround, broken arrow (nuclear emergency), emergency notification, aircraft crash, flightline fire, severe weather warning evacuation. Monitors and revises the sequence of preselected aircraft required for contingency commitments..
6. Performs other duties as assigned