For GS-01 grade level: Current enrollment in a high school diploma program.
For GS-02 grade level: Completion of high school diploma or equivalent no later than June 2017 AND recent acceptance or current enrollment in an accredited college/university
For GS-03 grade level: Completion of 30 semester hours or more of post high school study leading towards a qualifying degree (i.e. associates, bachelors, masters, etc.)
ALL GRADE LEVELSmust possess lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills, and procedures, basic first aid certification, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification which includes adult, child, and infant procedures.
NOTE: All certifications must be current, valid, and nationally recognized. If you currently possess valid certification, you must provide a legible copy (front & back) of each with your application.
The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course and Ellis and Associates National Pool and Waterpark Lifeguard Training Program meet the nationally recognized certification requirement for lifesaving and water rescue. The American Red Cross Training and Water Safety Instruction or Ellis and Associates Learn to Swim Program meet the nationally recognized instructor certification requirement. The American Red Cross Community First Aid and Safety Course and Community CPR Course meet the requirements for CPR certification covering adults, children, and infants. The American Red Cross Standard First Aid certification does not meet the CPR certification requirement unless supplemented with additional certifications for children and infants. Equivalent nationally recognized CPR training programs (e.g., American Heart Association) may also meet certification requirements. The American Red Cross Community First Aid and Safety Course and Standard First Aid Course meet the requirement for first aid certification. Equivalent nationally recognized first aid training programs (e.g., National Safety Council) may also meet certification requirements.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. May be required to work other than normal duty hours to include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
2. All certifications must remain current and valid during the period of employment.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide UPDATED transcripts that show any/all degrees conferred, current grades with cumulative GPA as well as proof of current enrollment/registration to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for additional information.
You must be a student currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited academic institution AND:
· Enrollment must be at least half-time course load as defined by the education institution (typically six hours or equivalent for undergraduate and three hours or equivalent for graduate)
· Maintain good academic standing, generally at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA for high school and undergraduate programs and a 3.0 for graduate programs on a 4.0 scale
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· Must sign a Pathways Internship Program Participant Agreement; furnish course registration information at the start of each school term; and provide verification of academic status (transcript) at the end of each academic term
· A U.S. citizen or a U.S. national (i.e. resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act and eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.