In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address the minimum/specialized experience needed for the position in their resume will not be referred for consideration.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of the principles of organization, management and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-9 Must indicate 24 months of the following type of experience:
- Experience, education or training in any position that required compiling reports, letters, memoranda, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information.
- Applicants must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled.
- Applicants must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures and practices of management.
- Experience developing administrative procedures.
Substitution of Education for the Specialized Experience Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelors degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements. Completion of courses such as the Officer Advanced Course, Squadron Officer School, Command and Staff College, Air and Army War College, National Security Management Course and others of comparable level will be credited at the rate of 1 month of education for two months of specialized experience. If education is being substituted for specialized experience, a college transcript must accompany the application or resume.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS), LISTED BELOW, WILL BE USED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE IMPORTANT TO THE ENTIRE SELECTION PROCESS AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED SPECIFICALLY AND COMPLETELY IN THE APPLICATION.
- Knowledge of food service, lodging, mortuary affairs, and unit training requirements; skill in applying data analysis and planning techniques to ensure adequate mission support.
- Knowledge must incorporate principles, concepts, and methodologies in the assessment and prioritization of requirements to successfully complete assigned and/or self-directed tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of a multitude of other Services Programs including Prime Readiness in Base Services (RIBS), Morale Welfare and Recreation, Honor Guard program to formulate intelligent feedback to leadership in the identification and execution of available resources.
- Knowledge and skill in applying professional military communication, both written and verbal, at all organizational levels, utilizing diverse platforms.
- Knowledge of regulations, guidance, and standards and appropriate application to required communication formats.
- Knowledge and understanding of resource management principles in meeting mission readiness requirements.
- Knowledge and application of evaluative techniques based on current and historical trends to develop recommendations for the resource advisor regarding allocation of personnel, equipment, and funding.
- Knowledge of regulations and policies as it affects program use and status of resources to provide incisive advisement to leadership and facilitate mission accomplishment.
A pre-employment physical or medical screening may be required for placement to this position.
Selectee will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT) program as a condition of employment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position.
Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at the PEC for new FTS personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination of FTS.
ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable.