In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address the minimum/specialized experience needed for the position in their resume will not be referred for consideration.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the ability to plan, manufacture, and install cylindrical, square, or rectangular-shaped objects that have easily constructed fastenings such as single and double-hem edges and single, double or grooved seams.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: WG-10: Must have 18 months of the following type of experience:
- Experience or training in planning, layout, and construction skills to manufacture items and systems with dovetailed seams, set-in-bottom seams, burred-bottom seams, or wired or lock seams.
- Experience using more complicated shop tools and equipment.
- Experience in using metals including stainless steel, copper sheet, magnesium, honeycomb material and alloys.
- Experience demonstrating the use of more complicated mathematical calculations and complicated measuring instruments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA'S), LISTED BELOW, WILL BE USED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE IMPORTANT TO THE ENTIRE SELECTION PROCESS AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED SPECIFICALLY AND COMPLETELY IN THE APPLICATION.
- Experience which demonstrates knowledge of aircraft design and structure as well as testing procedures and prevention of metal corrosion.
- Experience which demonstrates skill in the use of various complicated tools and equipment
- Experience which demonstrates the knowledge of metal strength characteristics (annealing, tempering and normalizing) in the selection of the proper materials for repair.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to safely work with caustic materials and various types of chemicals, paints, etc.
- Experience in painting and corrosion control for military aricraft/equipment.
A pre-employment physical or medical screening may be required for placement to this position.
Selectee will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT) program as a condition of employment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position.
Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at the PEC for new FTS personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination of FTS.
ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov)