1. The incumbent serves as a full assistant to the Mission Support Group Commander. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander in providing group-level direction and management for work characterized as infrastructure support for organizations and tenants of the host ANG base.
2. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander in directing all host base infrastructure activities and functions. Evaluates supervisors and reviews evaluations made by supervisors for their assigned employees.
3. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander in providing oversight and direction in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of host base operating support programs to meet local mission requirements, as well as Federal and state requirements, regulations and statutes.
4. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander to implement the host Mission Support Group portion of the Designed Operational Capability (DOC) statement of the unit and/or the Emergency War Orders (EWO).
5. Represents and speaks for the Mission Support Group Commander with representatives of the National Guard Bureau, the Adjutant General, USP&FO, MAJCOMs, other military components, tenant units and organizations, state/local governments, local media, business and other public/private groups or organizations having an interest in the programs of the wing/base.
6. Advises the Mission Support Commander, Wing Commander and other group commanders in planning, developing, and implementing a Wing Strategic Plan.
7. Monitors the unit Status of Resources and Training Systems (SORTS) and AEF Reporting Tool (ART) reports for all mission support functions to reflect unit mission capability under wartime conditions.
8. Advises the wing staff regarding application and implementation of new technologies that affect host base operations.
9. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander to ensure Civil Engineering support is available for mission requirements and base needs.
10. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander to ensure host Base Services support is available for mission requirements and base wide needs.
11. Oversees the management and direction of the host Mission Support and Military Personnel Flights.
12. Ensures 24-hour, multi-shift or on-call command, control, computer systems, and communications (C4), and information management support is provided to all base organizations and assigned geographically separate organizations.
13. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander in directing the overall management of base-wide security and resource protection programs that include 24-hour, multi-shift physical security, information security, communications security, and personnel security management.
14. Provides oversight of base-wide logistics readiness functions, to include supply, transportation/traffic management, vehicle operations and maintenance, fuels management, and logistics plans and programs, to ensure the primary peacetime and wartime flying mission of the wing/base is supported at all times.
15. Oversees aerial port operations (where assigned by weapons system).
16. Assists the Mission Support Group Commander in managing and supervising assigned host base contracting office personnel and programs.
17. Serves on the Wing Commanders Financial Management Board.
18. Advises and coordinates wing involvement in support of state missions.