In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this BUDGET OFFICER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience in administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work that utilizes knowledge of management principles and practices. Experience analyzing problems, drawing logical conclusions, and communicating effectively with others. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 36 months of finance budget experiences and competencies that provided in-depth knowledge of financial principles and procedures. Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of the principles and concepts of the National Guard financial budget business program requirements. A candidate must have expanded experiences and training that demonstrates the abilities to lead, follow directions, read, retain, and understand a variety of instructions, regulations, policies and procedures. As a condition of continued employment in the GS-0560-12 position, dependent on the positions certification level and contingent on the employees military rank, the employee must complete the higher financial management certification within 24 months of appointment to the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Detailed knowledge of general budgeting principles, practices, precedents, systems, and techniques and the ability to interrelate funding, manpower requirements, and expense concepts to formulate and justify dissimilar civilian and military budgets considering multiple periods of execution in both single and multi-year appropriations.
2. Knowledge of the DoD, USAF, and Air National Guard financial planning processes is required to serve as the principal advisor and consultant to the ANG wings senior leadership regarding budgetary matters.
3. Detailed knowledge of legislation, policies, and procedures, and regulations governing the use of appropriated funds to effectively oversee and manage all budget programs.
4. Knowledge of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) corporate process to develop skills for interpreting and briefing commanders, resource advisors, and other resource managers on how funds are received at base level.
5. Knowledge of multiple dissimilar organizational missions to review, analyze, edit, and recommend approval or disapproval of proposed operating budgets, unfunded requirements requests, or requests for reprogramming and quarterly authorities; this knowledge is also used to analyze budget estimates for the annual financial plan or multiple requests for unfunded requirements, for which the incumbent must take into consideration multiple periods of execution in both single and multi-year appropriations in order to consolidate such estimates into balanced and prioritized submissions to the National Guard Bureau.
6. Knowledge of financial management objectives of higher authorities to ensure policies comply with precedents and controls, and to provide guidance to management officials.
7. Knowledge of appropriation accountability, regulatory/statutory limitations, scope and latitude permitted by law and regulations, manpower accounting principles and procedures, management information systems and subsystems, and the relationship between the budget and accounting and reporting systems sufficient to report the status of resources, execute the operating budget, and provide authoritative advice regarding the legal use of funds to commanders, resource advisors, and other resource managers.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
Air National Guard Officers GS-11 and GS-12 Positions
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university is mandatory. A graduate degree from an accredited civilian academic college or from an equivalent professional military education school is optimum.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)
3. TRANSCRIPT IS MANDATORY