Knowledge (such as would be acquired through a pertinent baccalaureate educational program or its equivalent in experience, training, or independent study) of basic principles, concepts, and methodology of a professional or administrative occupation, and skill in applying this knowledge in carrying out elementary assignments, operations, or procedures.
Requirements for Internship Appointments
Appointments may be at the highest grade level for which the Intern is qualified. Interns with no previous related education or experience may qualify as described below.
Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school leading to a bachelors degree or equivalent degree.
Click the following link to view the OPM Qualification Standards for Pathways Internship Positions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of basic occupational theory, principles, concepts, and practices in the technical area of civil engineering.
2. Skill in applying basic occupational theory, principles, concepts, and practices sufficient to perform student trainee assignments.
3. Ability to follow instructions and guidance to complete assigned tasks and communicate information to others in oral or written format.
4. Ability to analyze problems, identify significant factors, gather and interpret pertinent data, and apply established rules and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions.
5. Ability to learn and apply basic investigative techniques to accomplish work in the subject-matter field.
6. Ability to gather and analyze basic facts, information, and data, and draw conclusions.
This position has an education requirement. You will be required to provide transcripts or proof of enrollment to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You must be:
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) from an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school
- Enrolled or attending on at least a half-time basis as defined by the institution
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if:
· Permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act
· Eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
2. This position is established under the provisions of the Pathways Program.