General Experience: Applicant must have experience which provided which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 36 months specialized experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- A working knowledge od the Abbreviated Test language for All Systems (ATLAS) and/or programming principles sufficient to analyze aircraft avionics equipment and computerized test stations software problems and to work with engineering personnel to correct them.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals, technical orders, diagrams, and schematics.
- A comprehensive and practical knowledge of electronic, computer, mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic principles, electromagnetic propogation, complex signal build-up using multiple generations and modulation sources, software controlled test stations and their peripherals.
- Ability to utilize IATE and manual test equipment, self-test programs, and technical data containing schematic diagrams, signals and data diagrams, test procedures, program information, and mathematical formulas to identify and isolate malfunctions and determine if a malfunction is in the program, the UUT or the test station.
- Ability to plan and organize the work of an ATF function.
- Ability to oversee, train subordinates, deal objectively with coworkers and render sound supervisory decisions.
- Explain your ability to work with others.
- Skill and ability to meet deadlines within the ATS function.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, selectee must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
For positions requring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret), selectee must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician position, the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted member in AFSC: 2A0X1.
Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
Preplacement Medical Requirements: Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the governments expense, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligiblity for employment.
Certificate of Medical Examination: will be used to determine the fitness and eligibility for employment. Upon review of results, the Human Resources Officer will approve selection, require additional medical information, or find selectee medically disqualified for employment and withdraw said offer.