The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing the Internal Management Control Program (IMPC).
- Assist the Commander, Vice Commander and Wing Inspector General with planning and coordination of the Command Inspection program.
- Oversee the Officer Evaluation Program.
- Assist in the development of policy letters which may require researching applicable directives from higher authority, to ensure conflict will not result from issuance of new policy.
- When assigned by the Air Commander, supports unit personnel in their computer needs by answering routine questions and bringing issues and problems to the attention of Information Management personnel.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Administrative or clerical experience which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume and any other supporting documentation you wish to provide must clearly substantiate you currently possess 12 months of specialized experience in the following:
- Experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws.
- Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to advise lower graded employees.
- Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of an extensive body of program analysis technical rules, guidelines, regulations, and precedents to provide sound recommendations to the Air Commander.
- Skill in applying basic data gathering techniques in order to develop trends and analysis tools using data from reports.
- Knowledge of the duties, priorities, commitments, basic policies, and program goals of the organization sufficient to perform comprehensive administrative support assignments.
- Knowledge of general office automation software, practices, and procedures to design or develop detailed charts and graphs. Competitive level proficiency in typing to accomplish word processing and office automation tasks.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: All applications will be considered regardless of AFSC. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to compatible military position within 1 year of selection. The selected individual may be required to attend formal technician school training.
- MILITARY GRADE (Prior to application): Enlisted: E-5 through E-8
- COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: AFSC: 3D1X1, 3A1X1
- UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT: 103d Airlift Wing or any subordinate unit.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits
Relocation expenses will NOT be paid.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (see http://www.sss.gov/).
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
MILITARY INCENTIVES - BONUSES AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program (incentives). In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your serving incentive manager (CTARNG - G1 or CTANG -
Retention Office) prior to accepting an offer for the position. For M-Day/Traditional personnel who are currently receiving incentives to
include Bonuses and the Student Loan Repayment Program, the following termination rule applies:
- Incentive Termination without Recoupment: If you accept an Active Guard Reserve (AGR) position or a Military Technician (Mil Tech) Permanent position where membership in the National Guard is a condition of employment, your bonus will be terminated with no recoupment as long as you have served at least 6 months of the bonus contract following receipt of the initial bonus payment.