APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Indefinite Appointment
and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and be able to qualify for the following AFSC: 1C311
Max Military Grade: E5
NOTE: Must possess a Secret Clearance and be immediately eligible for a Top Secret clearance and not have had a security clearance revoked, suspended, or denied.
NOTE: This position requires recurring performance evaluations and monthly closed-book examinations to maintain certifications once achieved.
NOTE: Failure to maintain a certification once awarded is cause for termination.
NOTE: This position requires rotating 12 hour shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
QUALIFICATION: Command and Control Specialist, GS-2101-5/7/9, E1-E5
GS-05 Must have at least 6 months experience, education, or training in following directives and regulations. Experience interpreting and applying published directives or regulations. Experience communicating with others.
GS-07 Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training in working with directives and regulations governing transportation of personnel, cargo or freight. Knowledge of freight rating, classification of carriers agreement, and contracts for the transportation of personnel, cargo or freight. Experience which includes planning, organizing, and coordinating work.
GS-09 Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in arranging or procuring transportation for personnel, cargo or freight. Experience in pre and post auditing of freight bills, bills of lading, and personnel transportation vouchers. Experience coordinating and negotiating with organizations/personnel both orally and in writing to resolve differences/problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Ability to transmit instructions to aircrews and support assets to coordinate launch, recall, execution, and terminating missions in support of operational events.
2. Ability to gather information for Operational Reporting (OPREP) regarding significant events or incidents involving personnel and wing assets that require reporting to HHQ, Contingency Operations, significant peacetime vents, and state emergency situations.
3. Ability to provide information to aircrews concerning clearances to operate aircraft, weather and field conditions, divert airfield status, and pertinent operating and procedural instructions.
4. Knowledgeable on how to submit flight plans and coordinate changes to FAA via Aeronautical Information System (AIS) or voice systems to support flying (mission) operations.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.