The following list is not comprehensive but provides a snapshot of some of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Ensures all aircrew flight equipment meets strict airworthiness criteria and that it will
sustain combat operations/readiness by inspecting, testing, calibrating, certifying, diagnostic evaluating, troubleshooting, repairing/replacing, assembling and disassembling
all Aircrew Flight Equipment, aircrew chemical/biological defense equipment, and aircraft
- Conducts formal academic classroom and technical instruction for all pilots, aircrew,
passengers (aircraft maintenance personnel, dignitaries, civilian search and rescue
agencies, etc.) on: Global Survival, Combat Search and Rescue Training; Water Survival
Training; High Risk Isolation (HRI); Ejection/Non-ejection Seat Egress Training;
Emergency Parachute Procedural Descent Training, utilizing a state of the art virtual reality
trainer; Aircrew Chemical Defense Equipment, utilizing the Aircrew Eye Respiratory
Protection System (AERPS).
- Utilizes, maintains, and updates multiple computer main frame programs/data bases to
analyze, troubleshoot, schedule, and maintain inspection and accountability
reports/documentation on all aircrew/aircraft life support and aircrew chemical-biological
- Utilizes Equipment and Financial Processing Systems. Reviews Allowance Source Codes
and Fed log and initiates and sends supply documents. Coordinates with SBSS, Equipment
Managers, Contracting offices, Resource Advisors, Financial Working Groups, Financial
Management Board, and Depot Level Repairable (DLR) analyst.
- Orders Technical Orders (T.O.s), receives/updates T.O. changes, files and distributes
T.O.s, performs inventories and checks, orders compliance and modification items,
performs Interim Time Compliance Technical Order (ITCTO), Operational and Safety
Supplement changes to all affected equipment, performs T.O. Familiarization, and records
and documents appropriate forms.
- Inventories and monitors Precision Maintenance Equipment Laboratory (PMEL)
equipment, prepares equipment for pick up and delivery, prepares appropriate
documentation, coordinates with inspection or maintenance activities, picks up and drops
off equipment, unloads and loads vehicle, performs acceptance inspection, and annotates
- Manages, monitors, and conducts inventories of all Aircrew Flight Equipment
munitions/ammunition assets, forecasts time change requirements, removes and installs
all munitions, and transports via Military/Commercial Aircraft and/or vehicles.