Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Requirement: Have a degree, or will have a degree by 1 July 2017 in one of the following disciplines computer science, engineering, information science, information systems, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, computer/cyber security or technology management or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
1. You must have completed all requirements for Bachelors degree. A combination of courses totaling at least 24 semester hours, in the following disciplines computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, information systems, computer/cyber security, technology management and 12 semester hours in statistics/quantitative methods, from a qualifying educational institution in a field that equips me to perform the work of the position
AND must have documented Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the undergraduate level in one of the following:
a) Class Standing - upper third of the graduating class based on completed courses in the college, university, or major subdivision;
b) Grade Point Average - 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript or as computed based on 4 years of education or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of curriculum; OR 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum. If more than 10 percent of total undergraduate credit hours are non-graded, i.e. pass/fail, CLEP, CCAF, DANTES, military credit, etc, you cannot qualify based on GPA;
c) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society (note: freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this position). (If qualifying based on class standing or honor society membership, provide appropriate documentation). OR
2. You have one full year (18 semester hours or the equivalent) of graduate level study, or possess a masters or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of this position. Such fields include business administration, industrial management, industrial engineering, industrial psychology, public administration, political science, or government. (Submit copy of transcripts).
3. You have at least one year (12 months) of specialized experience, that provided knowledge to perform successfully the duties of the position such as work experience that involves performs a variety of specific duties designed to develop knowledge and skills in applying IT specialist principles, methods, and techniques. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Equivalent experience may be at the level of the lowest GS grade covered by the applicable pay band; however, the experience must demonstrate KSAs to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled.
4. You must have a combination of graduate education as described above and the type of specialized experience as described above, which when combined would equate to 100%. (To compute, first determine your total qualifying graduate level education as a percentage of the graduate education required; then determine your total qualifying experience as a percentage of experience described above; add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal to at least 100 %.) (Submit a copy of your transcript.)
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with Office Of Personnel Management Guidelines. You can also visit:
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
1.Knowledge of IT principles, techniques, requirements, methods and practices to participate in a variety of routine IT specialist assignments.
2.Knowledge of the principles, policies, and practices of acquisition and program management to carry out assignments in support of planning, organizing and managing software and hardware systems acquisition.
3.Knowledge to assist in the development and maintenance portions of IT system capabilities which support the operation, planning, management, analysis and decision-making :functions of the customer.
4.Analytical and evaluation skills to assess systems of IT programs and/or equipment for capability in meeting customer or project requirements.
5.Oral and written communication skills for effective working relationships, interaction with customers, and presentation of findings and proposals.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts will result in non-consideration for applicable position. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have six years after degree completion to apply.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Mobility - you may be required to relocate during or after completion of your training.
2. Successful completion of all training and regulatory requirements as identified in the applicable training plan.
3. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
4. May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
5. Must be able to attain Information Technology Level I acquisition certification with 24 months after being assigned to the position.
6. Requirement of the program: Travel to Keesler AFB and San Antonio for training will also be required; approx.30-120 days during the program.