The primary purpose of this positions is to serve as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) Section Small Shop Chief no more that 25% of the time over journey level mechanics that troubles hoot, text, repair, modify, overhaul, service, and dispatch powered ground support equipment and to train reservists in the accomplishment of tasks set forth herein. Responsible for the internal scheduling of work within the work center and plans daily work of subordinates.
Performs preventive maintenance on ground power support equipment.
Performs major maintenance on ground support equipment such as power sources, major components, support components, and associated components as required. Performs periodic routine and special inspections of all scheduled equipment.
Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment.
A specific length of experience or training is not required. However, you must have had experience and/or training (military or civilian, paid or unpaid) of sufficient scope and quality to be able to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. You must show that you have the experience as identified in the Job Elements listed below under How You Will be Evaluated as they relate to the position for which you are applying. Since your rating will be based upon the information you supply in your application (resume), you should be as detailed as possible when identifying your relevant work experience.
ELEMENT A: Ability to do the Work of Powered Support Systems Mechanic -- Work independently, make decisions, and plan operations in the powered support systems mechanic position. ELEMENT B: Ability to Use Hand Tools, Powered Tools, Specialized Tools, and Support Equipment -- Independently select and use or operate, as needed, hand and powered machines used. Element C: Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, and Repair -- Ability to assemble, install and repair powered ground support equipment. ELEMENT F: Knowledge of Powered Support Systems Mechanic Technical Practices -- Experience in new and up-to-date trade practices. ELEMENT J : Troubleshooting of Ground Powered Support System -- Trouble, test, analyze, modify and repair ground powered support systems. Element K: Ability to Work from Instructions, Specifications, Blueprints, Personal Inspections, etc. --Analyze, interpret, and follow work orders, blueprints, specifications, and sketches. ELEMENT M: Knowledge of Materials -- Knowledge of and ability to use materials used in performing the duties of the position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Fly in military and/or commercial aircraft in the performance of temporary duty (TDY) assignments. (2) Must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. May be required to work uncommon tours of duty.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
·Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training (VMET) documents with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success) website https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/tgps/ to obtain this VMET information.
· For more information visit the Air Force Reserve Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUs/JobOpportunities.aspx.
· Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
· Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified categories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
· Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection.
· For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/veterans-authorities/. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
· All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.