Basic Qualification Requirement: You must meet the following qualification requirements and provide documentation to support your qualifications (If you are using education to qualify, failure to submit the required documentation will result in you being rated ineligible. See sections on "College Transcripts" and "Foreign Education" below for required documentation.)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least three years of general experience, 1 year which was equivalent to at least at the next lower broadband (NH-01) equivalent to the next to lower grade (GS-04) or equivalent in the Federal Service. Specialized experience protecting resources from espionage, terrorism, and threats of unauthorized disclosure and/or compromise of information considered vital to mission interests, national defense and national security.
Education: 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelors degree.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of resources personnel, information, and industrial security concepts, principles, and practices to plan and implement security programs in these areas.
- Knowledge of required security training concepts, programs, procedures, and practices to assist managers in establishing and operating internal security programs.
- Skills in developing , analyzing, and evaluating security programs to meet mission requirements and improve the security program for the installation.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Required to obtain and maintain security clearance commensurate with position sensitivity code.
- May be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty.
- Subject to Temporary Duty Assignment (TDY): Approximately 20 days per year.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random drug testing for drug use.
- This position is a designated National Security Position.
- Department of Defense Security Fundamentals Professional Certification, Security Program Integration Professional Certification conferrals are required within 2 years of the established employee EOD or initial assignment date of this position in accordance with DOD 3305.13-M, DoD Security Accreditation and Certification.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 80 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
EEO Statement: THE DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Selection will be made without regard to non-merit factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, politics, disability, or sexual orientation, which do not relate to successful performance of the duties of the position except where specifically authorized by law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.