SPECIALIZEDEXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 grade level. Specialized experience is defined as knowledge of utilizing statistical techniques and developing mathematical models in order to define and analyze problems; and advising officials of different approaches as a basis for management plans and decisions.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience, click on the following link:
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG)Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate paysystem) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions incompetitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines . You can also visit: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp for additional qualification standards.
Once the application and selection process is complete,a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the applicable OPMqualification requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, areview of your resume and supporting documentation will be made. Applicants whofail to provide the necessary documentation to support their educational gradepoint average/masters degree requirements, qualifying experience or veteranspreference claim will be determined incomplete, ineligible or not identified asclaiming veterans preference. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errorsor omissions may affect your consideration in the referral and selectionprocess.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA)
1. Knowledge of fundamental cost and economic analysisconcepts.
2. Knowledge of acquisition requirements, and thedevelopment and approval processes used in large organizations.
3. Practical understanding of models and estimatingrelationships.
4. Ability to develop and utilize data collection techniquesand to analyze data.
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
6.Ability to interact effectively with others.
IF YOU ARE QUALIFYING BASED ON EDUCATION, PLEASE SUMBIT COPIES OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS TO INCLUDE TRANSFERRED HOURS - OFFICIAL COPIES ARE NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION. IF SELECTED, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE OFFICIAL COPIES OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS.
IF YOU QUALIFY BASED ON UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION AND YOU HAVE NOT GRADUATED PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, YOU MAY BE OFFERED A POSITION CONTINGENT UPON YOUR FINAL GRADE POINT AVERAGE OR CLASS RANKING.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Mobility - you may be required to relocate during or after completion of your training.
2. Successful completion of all training and regulatory requirements as identified in the applicable training plan.
3. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
4. May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.