GENERAL: Experience or training which demonstrates your knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles; knowledge of troubleshooting procedures used to isolate malfunctions in aircraft pneudraulic systems; and ability to use technical manuals, equipment specifications, and test calibration procedures in performing the work.
Aircraft Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic, WG-8268-10: Must have 18 months experience or training which provided a knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles. Experience in fabricating fuel, oil and vacuum hose lines. Experience in servicing, maintaining, disassembling assembling, repairing and testing hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Experience in diagnosing malfunctions and overhauling pneudraulic accessories by disassembling, cleaning part and examining parts. Experience in diagnosing trouble and determining remedies. Experience in repairing, rebuilding and overhauling major systems of ground equipment and pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Experience in mechanical repairs using hand tools and test equipment. Experience that demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications and publications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles that apply to aircraft systems.
2. Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic principles, the physical laws governing the behavior of fluids (liquids and gasses).
3. Knowledge of aircraft structure and the relationship of aircraft pneudraulic systems to the structure and to other aircraft systems and ability to operate test panels and ground power equipment.
4. Knowledge of aircraft pneudraulic systems and pneudraulic equipment used in maintaining and checking aircraft pneudraulic equipment.
5. Knowledge of troubleshooting procedures designed to isolate malfunctions in aircraft pneudraulic systems.
6. Knowledge and skill in the repair, and rebuilding of ground equipment pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
7. Skill in common hand tools and test equipment.
8. Ability to interpret technical manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams and schematics to male repairs and modifications.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
|Date Posted||August 4, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 3, 2017|
|Located In||Fresno, CA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories