BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The basic qualification requirements are indicated below. These qualification requirements must be met, in addition to any military requirements, in order to be found qualified for and selected to this position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations, supervisory, managerial, professional or technical work experience and management principles, practices, methods and techniques and using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (Please prepare written justification to the following KSAs as an attachment to your resume/application):
1. Knowledge and ability to provide group level direction and management for work characterized as infrastructure support for organizations and tenants of the host ANG base.
2. Knowledge and ability to direct all host base infrastructure activities and functions, evaluate supervisors and review evaluations made by supervisors for their assigned employees, approve selections for supervisory and non-supervisory positions, hear and resolve group grievances and serious employee complaints not resolved at a lower level, review serious disciplinary cases and disciplinary problems involving group employees and determine required action.
3. Knowledge and ability to exercise managerial and executive level understanding in each supervised discipline at a sufficient level to properly assess the success and effectiveness of critical programs necessary to support day-to-day group and individual unit operations.
4. Knowledge and ability to implement the host Mission Support Group portion of the Designed Operational Capability (DOC) statement of the unit and/or the Emergency War Orders (EWO), support of USAF Air Expeditionary Force (AEF), Expeditionary Combat Support (ECS) requirements, develop and implement unit plans for execution of deployments and contingency objectives to meet USAF and Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) goals, coordinates required AEF planning and resources with other ANG and USAF units, the National Guard Bureau, and other higher headquarters agencies to support and implement the AEF mission.
5. Knowledge and ability to serve as primary advisor to the wing staff concerning application and implementation of new technologies that affect host base operations.
QUALITY AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE: The required amount of experience/education will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification. The quality, type and scope of the experience/education must be of such nature as to demonstrate that applicants are fully qualified to perform the duties at the level for which they apply.
DOCUMENTATION: Applicants must explain in detail, in the application, how the specialized experience was acquired, including applicable dates. Applicants should include, with application, any training completion certificates/transcripts in the areas covered in the KSAs.
MILITARY COMPATIBILITY: Individual selected must be assigned, prior to appointment, to a compatible Duty Air Force Specialty Code of: 17DX, 21R3, 30C0, 31PX, 32EX and 38PX.
APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS: Excepted Civil Service. Individual selected must be assigned to a Commissioned Officer position in the New Mexico Air National Guard. Individual must wear the uniform as prescribed by National Guard Bureau policies and the Adjutant General of New Mexico.