The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician Enlisted position is to serve as a Production Controller (Aircraft) developing and implementing aircraft maintenance work plans and schedules to ensure the effective and efficient accomplishment of required maintenance and coordination in support of unit operational flight scheduling. As such, incumbent of this position will:
- Develop maintenance plans for assigned aircraft and associated equipment.
- Interpret design and/or production engineering data, standards of work processes, and master repair plans.
- Implement maintenance plans through the development and publication of maintenance schedules to include scheduled and unscheduled repair actions, time-sensitive inspections or modifications, component time change replacement and aircraft or system inspections.
- Develop preliminary operational schedules (utilization plans) and provide estimates of maintenance support capability to meet operational requirements.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) Program.
You must have one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal Service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities as shown below to successfully perform the duties of the position which involved assisting with developing and implementing aircraft maintenance work plans, schedules and workloads. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): (1) Knowledge of and ability to interpret aircraft and manufacturing terminology, technical orders, data, standards and instructions. (2) Knowledge of aerospace systems, subsystems, components, and associated inspection, repair, modification, and supply processes. (3) Knowledge of and skill in the use of automated maintenance information systems and aircraft maintenance documentation processes. (4) Ability to correlate and analyze a variety of routine production data, technical manuals, and directives to determine applicability.
Substitution of Education for Experience: NONE
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance. (2) Incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. (3) Work is primarily sedentary which may involve some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light items. (4) Normally works in an office environment.(5) Drug testing requirement.