APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and be able to qualify for the following AFSC : 021A3
Max Military Grade: O-5/Lt Col
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
NOTE: This is a UTC tasked position.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds may be authorized if funds are available.
QUALIFICATION: Logistics Management Officer, GS-0346-12, O4(P)-O5
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training identifying activities involving logistical support operations. Experience integrating the actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to develop a comprehensive logistics plan. Experience monitoring such functions as program planning, resource and fiscal management, training, manpower management, and/or automated data processing to meet the logistics plan. Experience identifying delays or problems and developing corrective actions. Experience working with people from various levels and backgrounds to elicit their cooperation to perform specific tasks, and complying with regulations, laws, or practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Ability to manage and administer aircraft logistics activities within Aircraft Generation Division and Maintenance Division
2. Knowledge in planning, developing and publishing aircraft logistics policies and procedures within the general framework, as established by higher echelons of command.
3. Ability to manage the overall maintenance and related support activities to assure timely, effective and complete logistical support of base, group, wing, state, National Guard Bureau and Air Force mission requirements.
4. Knowledge in directing the preparation of budget estimates; financial plans; studies of the aircraft logistics organization; manning requirements; facility requirements; mobility or contingency requirements; and publications related to maintenance, methods, policies and procedures.
5. Ability to utilize the compilation and development of current aircraft logistics data, analysis, and reports in order to analyze and keep abreast of aircraft logistics trends; and to analyze the organizations logistical capabilities and evaluate logistical effectiveness.
6. Skill in coordinating logistics activities with supervisors, various base activities, and higher echelons of logistics such as Air Force Depot Weapons Systems Managers, NGB, Major Command Staff, etc. Maintains liaison with counterparts at other ANG bases, particularly those possessing the same type of aircraft, to ensure a prompt and free exchange of pertinent technical, management, and mission information. Participates in conferences and seminars as the aircraft logistics representative for the base or NGB, as required.
7. Knowledge in establishing work performance standards for supervisors and key personnel; and assigns annual performance evaluations. Initiates disciplinary actions, promotion actions, and step increases. Recommends performance awards. Approves sick leave and annual leave for key personnel and approves overall leave schedules for the organization.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
* Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc.
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.