CSG Actuarial, LLC Omaha, NE
At CSG Actuarial we are building a talented software development team focused on building innovative tools in the insurance industry. We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to coach and guide our development team. This role will partner with the Product Manager and implementation teams to realize the product vision. We’ve built a great engineering team upon a solid foundation of industry and market experience. Looking for an opportunity to pursue big ideas with a nimble, skilled and engaged team? This role might be the role for you.
- Guides and coaches the software team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products to our customers.
- Coordinates work between development and implementation teams to enable nimble execution on market opportunities.
- Develops a high performing team by recognizing team strengths and improvement opportunities and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the software team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with software team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, organization, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of product or project leadership experience, or 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
- Experience in Insurance and/or financial services is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence) a plus.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel
Available Benefits at CSG:
- Industry Competitive Salary and Bonus Potential
- Flexible Hours
- Reduced Summer Hours
- Casual Work Environment
- Casual Dress code
- Excellent PTO and 401k, Health Insurance, LTD, STD, and voluntary life benefits
| Date Posted
May 22, 2020
| Date Closes
June 21, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
15-1099.11 Information Technology Project Managers
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories