CSG Actuarial builds powerful, state of the art software and databases that help insurance business research and promote their insurance products. Today, thousands of our customers take advantage of our resources including popular insurance quoting tools, comprehensive data analysis, and competitive market intelligence. These customers range from Fortune 500 companies to individual insurance agents. We believe that improved access to insurance knowledge will allow all of these customers to improve their bottom line and meet their long-term goals.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and transparent. We succeed and grow this business together. We strive to make the workplace an inspiring place to do creative work. We are seeking individuals whose personality, integrity, and passion for our business can make our team better. We have grown profitably over the last 9 years and are looking for new people to push us further.
Are you an experienced insurance product specialist or business analyst looking for a new challenge with a GREAT company? Do you have proven technical and account management skills? CSG Actuarial could be your next, and best, career move!
CSG is looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will have primary responsibility to effect, analyze, validate, manage, specify and verify the exact needs of the project stakeholders, customers and end users. The BA will serve as a conduit between the customer and the software development team through which the project requirements will flow. The Business Analyst will provide cost specifications and produce outline designs of IT requirements, specifying the data, files and logical operations the system will perform and delivery expectations of the end user.
• Analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, disseminate high-level concepts into details, distinguish true needs from amongst the collection of requirements, and create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Writing skills to communicate information concisely and effectively to customers and internal stakeholders.
• Communications skills to make presentations to customers, end users and company management, and take technical information and translate it to be understood by various audiences.
• Interpersonal skills to liaison extensively with customers and internal stakeholders to help negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts among project stakeholders, and establish deadlines.
• Organizational skills to regulate the vast influx of information and to ensure the project stay within budget.
• Modeling skills to represent requirements in a graphical manner by converting technical matter to a natural language, including using modeling languages already in practice within the organization.
• Insurance or financial services experience. Knowledge of life and health insurance industry practices, including knowledge of rules, processes, and forms used in new business applications for Medicare Supplement is a plus.
• An understanding of requirements engineering accommodating several software development life cycles within the project.
• Application knowledge is desirable so as to be able to work effectively with end users.
• Work with the project sponsor to identify and document the product or service vision and project scope.
• Solicit requirements by conducting interviews, performing data and document analysis, surveys, site visits, etc.
• Define quality benchmarks, external interfaces, and other project constraints.
• Lead the requirements analysis and validation ensuring that the requirement statements are complete, concise, feasible, and verifiable.
• Conduct peer reviews and inspection of documentation at declared stages.
• Manage changes to baseline requirements ensuring company change requirement rules are followed.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3 years related experience required (with at least 1 year in an external customer facing role).
• Experience working in an Agile environment required.
• Previous experience in insurance or financial services industry is preferred.
Fun Perks at CSG:
|Date Posted||November 26, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 26, 2018|
|Address||11011 Q Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Work At||Suite 101B|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||13-2053.00 Insurance Underwriters|
|Address||11011 Q Street, 101 B|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68137|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories